Digital Ship events around the world have been developed to address the issues and trends that technology leaders face in an increasingly changing and continuously developing business environment. Technical innovators in the maritime sector are expected to deliver strategies capable of both driving revenue and reducing costs for their organisations - while remaining at the forefront of technological breakthroughs and making smart decisions about maritime technology and satellite communications selection, investment and implementation.
This 13th Annual Digital Ship Athens will address strategic and practical challenges that all companies are facing at present. As well as covering innovation in maritime communication, technical developments and of course safety, training and navigation, we will also be looking at strategic drivers in the maritime business, such as:
- How is innovation and technology in maritime communications driving the future of shipping?
- The Digital Age - maximizing efficiencies with next generation solutions for the maritime market
- The future of unmanned vessels
- The evolution of maritime data
- Big data and analytics to drive innovation, competitiveness and growth
- Evolving cyber risks and implications
- Future-proofing your IT infrastructure
- Planning for disruptive innovation
- And more
This year’s Digital Ship Athens will provide an opportunity for some of the industry’s leading technology experts and business heads to discuss and debate the on-going role of IT and communications in the shipping industry and help to solve the technology, leadership and business challenges ahead.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Katerina Raptaki, IT Director, Navios Shipmanagement
- Dr. Andreas Mitrakas, Head of Unit – Quality and Data Management, European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA)
- Stelios Sabanis, Head of IT, GasLog Ltd.
- Ken Gregers Larsen, IT Project Manager, Maersk Tankers
- George Bonikos, Information Technology Manager, Allseas Marine
- Dimitris Theodossiou, Managing Director, DANAOS Management Consultants S.A.
- Mary Etienne, Business Development Director, Maritime, Shipping, Offshore, Dell OEM
- Ewan Robinson, Marine Communications Consultant
- Tasos Makris, Information Systems Director, Gourdomichalis Maritime & AMMITEC Treasurer
- Drosoula Makare, Supply Chain Manager, Exmar Shipmanagement
- Barbara Bersani, Head of Sales, Europe South & MEA, Airbus Defence and Space
- Captain Emmanouil Koutsakis, Operations Manager, Oceanbulk Containers Management
- Alikiotis Ioannis, IT Officer, SPS
- Captain Paul Hailwood, Master Mariner, UKHO
- George Efthimiou, IT Department & Security Expert, Gourdomichalis Maritime S.A.
- Benjamin Vernooij, Internet of Things and End User Computing Lead, Dell OEM
- Giampiero Soncini, CEO, SpecTec
- Martin Reason, Director of Maritime Sales Europe, SpeedCast Ltd.
- Manuel Valero, Sales Manager, Maritime, Telenor Satellite Broadcasting
- Wouter Deknopper, Executive Director EMEA & Russia, Iridium
- Barbara Bersani, Head of Sales South Europe, Middle East & Africa, Airbus Defence and Space
- Lars Martinussen, Sales Director, Dualog
- Dieter Hageman, Business Development, Pearlchain
- Noémie de Rozieres, Head of Sales, Key Channel Partners, Airbus Defence and Space
- Asterios Voulanas, Partner, PwC
- George Panayi, Research Fellow - Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics, Cyprus University of Technology
- Roula Zachariou, COO, SAIT Communications
For more information about this programme or to find out how your company can be part of the Digital Ship Athens 2015 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org