Market leading Crew Communication Systems
SMSGlobal understands that a serious concern for anyone working at sea is bridging the distance with their families and loved ones on shore.
Personal communication with anyone back home at an affordable cost has been and still is a challenge.
SMSGlobal introduced in 2003 the first universal 2-way SMS text messaging and crew E-mail service for seafarers working independent of the Satcom airtime providers and ship to shore E-mail systems.
In March 2015 SMSGlobal’s systems was installed on more than 3,400 merchant vessels and used by 135,000 seafarers messaging with over 1,700 000 contacts on shore.
1. CrewComm Wifi
- Crew BYOD hotspot Internet access while ensuring IT security, data, time & cost control
- The system software with all its added value features is flashed within the crew Wifimodems
- Plug & Play with no additional software installation or network setup
- Compatible with interface to existing Wifi modems infrastructures
- The crew can use any smartphone, tablet or laptop to access the system features as well ascompany training videos and multimedia streamed directly on the crew devices
2. CrewComm Center
- Internet Café’ on-board
- Crew E-mail & SMS
- Optimized & IT secure web browsing
- Low data chat connected with Facebook, Yahoo & Google messenger networks
- World-news delivered 7 days a week in multilingual editions
- Announcement boards for the ship owners
- Maritime social network for seafarers and their family and loved ones at shore
- Stay in touch through live video, voice calls and text chat
- Se@MeNow messenger app for Apple and Android devices
- Blog from the vessel on social walls, share photos and files, play online games, follow favorite sports events and shop online with world-wide delivery
- Optimized for satellite transmissions
The advantages for ship owners to use SMSGlobal’s system compared to standard applications is to have an environment where they ensure full cost/usage control, bandwidth control, configurable data limitations, IT security against downloads, viruses and corrupted files. At the same time the ship owners can offer their crews contact with their family and loved ones together with optimized internet features as experienced in an Internet Café or hotel hotspot on shore.
SMSGlobal has established offices in Hong Kong & the Philippines to support its products to the Asian, American and European markets, and works hand in hand with over 820 telecom operators world-wide integrating various state-of-the-art technologies.
To ensure that the right markets are targeted SMSGlobal have secured solid distribution agreements with some of the biggest and most reliable maritime industry service providers: Inmarsat, H2O Satellite, Satcom Global, Marisat and SeaSecure.