The 3rd Annual Digital Ship Korea conference & exhibition is taking place on 27 & 28 May 2014. Aiming to provide the region's ship owners, managers and builders with a forum to learn more about the advanced communication services and innovative maritime technology available to them, Digital Ship Korea also offers an ideal meeting point for users to learn from each other and meet potential business partners, suppliers and customers.
An interactive two day forum of presentations and panel discussions at the most senior level will investigate developments in maritime technology and look ahead at the challenges and opportunities in this sector, and will provide the audience with the chance to listen to their peers, learn about market strategy - and look at what is shaping the industry today. A concurrent exhibition will showcase solutions in maritime communications, ship management software, charts & navigation, crew training & welfare, fuel monitoring and measurement tools, and other technical innovations in the shipping sector.
This year’s conference will focus on 5 key topics:
- Developments and Lessons in Satellite Communications
- Technology for Business Optimisation
- Energy Efficiency in Vessel Operations
- Practical Implementation of eNavigation
- Solutions for Enhancing Safety & Training
All sessions are entirely free of charge for shipping companies - and just €695 for all others. This includes access to any conference session, the concurrent exhibition and all refreshment and networking breaks - including the Gala Dinner on 27 May, kindly hosted by Airbus Defence and Space - our Global Sponsor for 2014.
- Bu-Young Kim, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries
- Eric Sung, CEO, Intellian
- Dr. JJ Ung-Gyu Kim, CEO, Hyundai e-Marine
- Sung-Woo Cho, Research Director, Corporate Technology Institute, Hyundai Heavy Industries, Co., Ltd.
- Kyung-Tae Yun, Senior Engineer - Marine Research Institute, Samsung Heavy Industries
- Eric Jan Bakker, Head of Sales – Asia Pacific, Airbus Defence and Space
- Young-Mo Kim, Professor, Korea Institute of Maritime and Fisheries Technology
- Kyung-Hwan Jeon, Project Manager, STX Marine Service
- Professor Jung Sik Jeong, Mokpo National Maritime University
- Hae-Joon (Rick) Rhee, Part Leader, Heung-A Shipping
- Yung-Ho Yu, Professor, Korea Maritime University
- Michael Owen, Head ofCustomer Acquisition, Airbus Defence and Space
- Tony Park, CEO, Arion Communication
- Kyeong-Seok Ok, Director, KJ Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Jae-Young Park, Project Manager, LG CNS
- Htunn Lynn, Technical Support Specialist, Airbus Defence and Space
- Marco Vatteroni, ILS, SpecTec and Shipdex Manager