The Maritime CIO Forum has been developed by Digital Ship – the world’s foremost maritime IT & communications publication – to address the issues and trends that shipping technology professionals face in an increasingly changing and continuously developing business environment.
The Maritime CIO Forum is designed to be a meeting point where you can share knowledge and collaborate with your peers on strategic IT & communications issues – and learn from other senior professionals in the shipping industry.
This one day conference, at Nor-Shipping - the world’s leading maritime event week – will address the strategic and practical challenges which all companies are facing in current times:
- How to drive business value in the form of growth as well as increased efficiency and productivity?
- How to build a better case for business value?
- How to foster innovation?
- How to gain internal support and buy in?
- How to build platforms that the customer will benefit from?
Highly targeted, this forum will provide an opportunity for some of the industry’s leading experts and business heads to discuss and debate the ongoing role of IT & communications in the shipping industry and help to solve the technology, leadership and business challenges of the ever changing organization.
It will also provide suppliers with an opportunity to hear from their target customers and learn what business leaders believe needs to be done to ensure the continuing development of the maritime technology sector and where these developments lie. With access to today’s top IT decision makers, technology, software and communications providers will gain insight into how CIOs are addressing their current and future requirements.
Who should attend:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Chief Operating Officers (COOs)
- Other senior business and technical executives in technology, communications, information management, operations, and finance functions
- Suppliers providing:
- Ship Shore Communications
- Software / Data Services
- Shipboard Electronics / Safety / Navigation Systems
- Control Systems / Power
- Security Technology
Speakers to date:
- Bjørn K Haugland, Chief Technology and Sustainability Officer, DNV Group
- Frank Coles, President, Inmarsat Maritime*
- Kristjan Thor Hallbjornsson, CIO, Eimskip*
- Martin Kits van Heyningen, CEO, KVH Industries, Inc
- Neville Smith, Director, Mariner Communications
- Noralf Gamlem, CIO, Vard (formerly STX OSV)
- Paul H. Ostergaard, Founder & CEO, ShipServ, Inc
- Pietro Amorusi, CIO, d'Amico Shipping Group
- Raimo Warkki, Commercial Ship Communications & Systems, Stena IT
- Stephen D Macfarlane, Group Information Systems Director, V.Group Limited
- Tore Morten Olsen, CEO, Astrium Services BC Martime
- With more to be announced
*Speakers invited and to be confirmed
If you would like to participate in the program or recommend any speakers or topics please contact firstname.lastname@example.org