The Maritime CIO Forum series of one-day events have been developed to address the issues and trends that technology leaders face in an increasingly changing and continuously developing business environment. CIOs in the maritime sector are expected to deliver strategies capable of both driving revenue and reducing costs for their organisations. Now that their role is taking on a more strategic focus, CIOs need to strengthen their leadership skills while remaining at the forefront of technological breakthroughs and contributing to the business – all the while making smart decisions about maritime technology and satellite communications selection, investment and implementation.
This one day conference at Nor-Shipping 2015 - the world’s leading maritime event week - will address the strategic and practical challenges which all companies are facing at present – such as:
- How to drive business value in the form of growth as well as increased efficiency and productivity?
- How to build a business case to demonstrate the value of IT
- How to foster innovation?
Key topics to be covered in 2015 include:
- Implementing a large scale transformation programme
- Balancing cost-reduction with profit generation
- Turning big data into big value
- Big data and analytics to drive innovation, competitiveness and growth
- Innovating and investing in the industrial Internet of Things (IoT) at sea and in maritime operations
- What to consider when considering the cloud
- Linking the maritime industry to the “networked society”
- Putting information security onto the boardroom agenda
- Future-proofing your IT infrastructure
- Tactics for crew welfare and talent retention
Highly targeted, this Maritime CIO Forum will consider the future of shipping and how the CIO’s role can influence sustainability and competitiveness in a fast paced and ever changing maritime environment. It will provide an opportunity for some of the industry’s leading technology experts and business heads to discuss and debate the on-going role of IT and communications in the shipping industry and help to solve the technology, leadership and business challenges ahead.
Who should attend:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Chief Operating Officers (COOs)
- Other senior business and technical executives in technology, communications, information management, operations, and finance functions
- Suppliers providing:
- Ship Shore Communications
- Software / Data Services
- Shipboard Electronics / Safety / Navigation Systems
- Control Systems / Power
- Security Technology
For more information about this programme or to find out how your company can be part of the Maritime CIO Forum @Nor-Shipping 2015 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org