Digital Ship needs to collect and process data in order to provide services to customers and subscribers, to manage its operational effectively and meet certain legal requirements.
The Digital Ship is committed to protect individuals with regard to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR” (further: GDPR regulation).
Throughout this Notice, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to the Digital Ship and “you” and “your” refers to those expressing an interest in becoming our customers and/or subscribers both prior to and at formal subscription stage together with those who become registered customers and/or subscribers.
Purpose of the processing of personal data
Your data are collected and processed in order to enable the Digital Ship to deliver our services to you (such as receiving breaking news, daily newsletter, Digital Ship and other products), manage our operations effectively, meet certain legal requirements including to enable our Compliance team to deal with your requests and/or complaint.
Personal data collected and stored on servers located in United Kingdom and processed according to the conditions set out in the above mentioned GDPR regulation.
Your data will not be used for any purpose other than the performance of the activities specified above and to pursue our legitimate business interest.
We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interest.
To summarize, processing purposes might be:
- administering finance,
- providing you with information about other services, features we add to Digital Ship that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about,
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Digital Ship about additional features or services that may interest you, which may be based on your activity on Digital Ship,
- providing you with updates about Digital Ship,
- ensuring that content from Digital Ship is presented in the most effective manner for you and on your computer,
- administering Digital Ship and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes,
- notifying you about changes on Digital Ship and sending you service emails in relation with your account,
- ensuring Digital Ship and its customers and subscribers’ safety and security.
Identity of the Data Controller
Digital Ship is Data Controller for personal data we process about you. Our address is 30 Warner Street, London, EC1R 5EX. You can contact us by post at the above address or by telephone on +44 20 7253 2700.
Personal data collected and categories of personal data being processed
Digital Ship collects and processes personal data about you in order to deliver our services to you, manage our operations effectively and meet certain legal requirements. Examples of this personal data may include your
- personal information such as full name, e-mail, company name, address, phone and fax number, signature,
- payment information such as your credit card type, credit card information,
- automatic collection related your use of our services such as access time, device ID, application ID or other unique identifier, domain name, IP address, language information, device name and model, operating system information, your activities within the services including the length of time that you are logged in,
- cookies as we, from time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your device about your activity on our Site.
To whom are your data disclosed?
The collected personal data are treated confidentially, and are used only, by the Digital Ship’s Compliance team.
No personal data are transferred to parties other than the third party sub-processors or the parties in the legal framework concerned, without prejudice to a possible disclosure by transmission to the bodies in charge of a monitoring, inspection or regulatory task in accordance with the relevant legislation.
The Digital Ship will not transfer personal data to third parties for purposes of direct marketing.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or we need to comply with out contractual duties, for instance we may need to pass on certain information to our online payment provider.
Your rights, how can you have access to your data, verify their accuracy or rectify them?
We thought it might be helpful to list your rights as a data subject below. You have the right to:
- Access your personal data that we process.
- To rectify inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you.
- To be forgotten, that is your details to be removed from systems that we use to process your personal data.
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways.
- To obtain a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form.
- To object to certain processing of your personal data by us.
- To request that we stop sending you direct marketing communications.
To summarize, you have the right to obtain from the controller copy of your personal data in order to check the accuracy of the data held, and/or to obtain rectification or update of these data if necessary. You may also ask for deletion of your data if the processing thereof is unlawful, or to have your data blocked for a period enabling the data controller to verify the accuracy, including the completeness, of the data.
For the protection of your privacy and security, the compliance team shall take every reasonable step to ensure that your identity is verified before granting access, or rectification, or deletion.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us.
Anything you are not clear about
If there is anything you are not clear about, please contact our us, and we can answer any questions you may have concerning this Notice or the way in which we process your personal data.
We will from time to time communicate with you by email, post, telephone and text.
If at any stage you are concerned about the content of these communications, for instance, unwanted marketing information, please simply click the unsubscribe link at the end of any newsletter, or by emailing, writing or telephoning us.
What are technical measures used and the security measures taken to avoid misuse or unauthorized access?
The Digital Ship’s compliance team has set up, and regularly reviews and updates, appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard your data against unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to lawfully use collected personal data.
Staff at Digital Ship having access to information concerning an identified or identifiable person are required to protect the data in a manner that is consistent with the rules set out in this privacy notice by, for example, not using the data for any purposes other than the tasks carried out in the exercise of their respective competences.
Whom you can contact if you have questions or complaints:
Should you wish to obtain access to your personal data, or rectification or deletion thereof, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the Digital Ship,
Data Protection Officer (Confidential)
30 Warner Street
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office